This trendy cut is one of the strongest muscles of the pig. The pig uses it a lot, for chewing, especially grazing pigs. It’s lean and moist—and incredibly tasty when cooked right. It’s another flavorful cut that should be cooked long and slow. It’s rare and expensive since most pigs have less than a pound of it.
- From purebred Iberico pigs naturally raised outdoors on our U.S. family farm with no antibiotics or hormones.
- Slow grown on high quality pastures to boost anti-oxidants and omega-3 fatty acids; supplemented on grazing with a limited ration of protein supplement and grains.
- Pre-cut and packaged in convenient portion and package sizes.
- Vacuum packed to maintain quality and extended shelf life; frozen hard; should maintain good eating quality for 6-10 months in your freezer. (Safe indefinitely while frozen.)
- Order is packed in an insulated container for shipping and should arrive frozen or very cold to the touch.
- Ships UPS ground within our 1-3 day delivery zones for a flat $29 fee. (See our Shipping & Billing Policy.)
"We hope you enjoy this farm-to-table, nose-to-tail, slow food eating experience from our family farm."