OSSO BUCO (SHANK)
Osso buco is a tasty Italian dish usually made with veal shank, but a lot of chefs like it even better with pork shank, especially shank from an Iberian pig. Shank is the lower leg of the pig. It’s a very flavorful meat but needs cooking long and slow.
- From purebred Iberico pigs naturally raised outdoors on our U.S. family farm with no antibiotics or hormones.
- Slow grown on high quality pastures to boost anti-oxidants and omega-3 fatty acids; supplemented on grazing with a limited ration of non-GMO cereal grains and high oleic sunflowers to mimic the acorn feeding for which the Iberico pig is famous.
- Pre-cut and packaged in convenient portion and package sizes.
- Vacuum packed to maintain quality and extended shelf life; frozen hard; should maintain good eating quality for 6-10 months in your freezer. (Safe indefinitely while frozen.)
- Order is packed in heavy duty 1-1/2 in. Styrofoam cooler for shipping and should arrive frozen or very cold to the touch.
- Ships UPS ground within our 1-3 day delivery zones for a flat $29 fee. (See our Shipping & Billing Policy.)
"We hope you enjoy this farm-to-table, nose-to-tail, slow food eating experience from our family farm."