Melt-In-Your-Mouth Iberian Pork Chops
October 22, 2018 • 0 comments
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Servings: 4-6 people
- (1) Pork Chops, 4-6 lb. Pack (Avg. 5 lbs.)
- (to taste) multiseasoning
- (4 Tbsp.) olive oil
1. Rub the multi-seasoning into one side of the pork chops. The amount you use should depend on what type of seasoning you use, and how strong a flavor it has. You’re not trying to add a lot of spice, just a small accent to the flavor of the pork.
2. Put olive oil, in a heavy skillet. Heat the skillet on high heat. You want to cook the chops quickly, but definitely not overcook them.
3. When the oil is piping hot (begins to pop when a drop of water hits it), add the pork chops to the pan. It should sizzle and smell delicious! Cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip the chops over. There should be plenty of liquid still in the pan, but if not, add a little more oil. Cook 3-4 more minutes. They should be lightly browned on both sides.
4. Remove pork chops from the pan to a plate or serving platter. Cut into one of the larger ones to check for doneness. Buttery juices should run freely from the chops. The liquid should have a yellow/light pink color, but not red. Glendower Farms Iberian Pork Chops shouldn’t be completely white, like American pork chops. It looks more like a medium cooked steak. Do not overcook them.
5. Serve up the mouth-watering goodness to your family and friends. I do know people who hoard the meat all to themselves and refuse to share…but I’m not advocating that. Just buy enough to go around, and your dinner will be the talk of the town.